Please visit this page for any future vacancies we might have or visit the Southwark Council website, TES website or the Jobs4Schools website.
Special School Teaching Position
Haymerle Special School (Primary)
Salary: Main Scale Inc. ILW + SEN Allowance
Contract: Full Time
The Governors of Haymerle School are seeking to appoint hardworking and committed primary practitioners with experience and relevant training in working with pupils in a special needs setting (Autism).
Candidates should have:
• Experience of and commitment to raising achievement in a school setting
• The ability to deliver sustained (good and outstanding) teaching practice
• The skills to deliver creative and engaging differentiated learning opportunities for pupils with SEND
• The ability to work collaboratively with supporting agencies implementing additional support programs to meet pupils’ specific needs.
• Some experience of writing and delivering Individual Education Plans
• Relevant training and/or experience relating to working with pupils with autism and communication disorders ( e.g. PECS, TEACCH and Attention Autism)
• Experience of managing a support staff team
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic candidate.
About the School
‘Haymerle School is a Happy School…Pupils respond well to the high expectations set by leaders and staff .’ OFSTED December 2021
Haymerle School is a primary Special School for pupils with Autism located in South East London (SE15 6SY). We support a wide range of learning disabilities, including pupils with severe and complex social and communication difficulties.
Our recruitment processes follow the guidance in the DfE document Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education. All staff will be required to undertake a disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
The post holder will be expected to carry out all duties in the context of and in compliance with the schools Equal Opportunities Policies.
Please download the forms on this website or at haymerle.southwark.sch.uk
Please only use the Southwark Application form and answer each question on the Person Specification.
Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off or send to Haymerle School, Haymerle Rd, SE15 6SY.
Closing date for applications: 14th December 2023
Interviews will be held in the week commencing: 15th January 2024
Post Start: ASAP (Can be discussed at Interview)
We very much welcome visits to the school by prospective candidates.
Please call the School on 02076396080 to register your interest in visiting.
Appointments will be made subject to satisfactory references.
Please note that we do not accept CVs but only the completed Southwark Application Form.